Beginning with ONTAP 9.6, ONTAP offers an expansive workflow-driven REST API, enabling storage automation and integrating storage management solutions using REST APIs
ONTAP REST APIs exposes a simplified external representation of ONTAP and are efficient both in response to API calls and in their use of ONTAP resources.
Automating ONTAP with ONTAPI/ZAPI or NMSDK?
Start your move to ONTAP REST API
Brand new to ONTAP automation?
Get Started with ONTAP REST API
Blog series: Getting Started with Python client library
- Video: How to get started?
- Blog: Simplify ONTAP REST API Consumption with the Python Client library
- ONTAP Automation Docs (New)
- ONTAP REST Technical Blogs
- ONTAP REST Playlist Video
- Field Portal Collection(sign-in required)
- Blog Series: Coffee breaks with REST - (Episode #1)
- Blog Series: Coffee breaks with REST - (Episode #2) (New)
- Blog: Simplified NTFS file security Permissions using REST (New)
- Blog: Automate Notification of High-Severity Events using REST